lunedì 21 novembre 2011

The R.E.M. In THEIR BEST TIME

The other night I learned from the news that disbanded the R.E.M.!! I have not committed suicide and I haven't even had a depressive crisis, who cares, but I wondered if the newscast did not have other news most important to give, as Vasco Rossi for example .... Seriously I must admit that i had a group R.E.M. historical and known throughout the world although in the end, after 30 years of career and dozens of albums and DVDs, I remember only this "Out of time" was released in 1991, which to me is the essence of this group, some alternative-rock and some underground, voiced by Michael Stipe to give a touch of class to the tracks. Unpretentious music, the most important texts and here we need to know English, but as sound does not differ much from many other bands of the genre. Their luck and skill, was to have made a masterpiece like "Losing my religion" that made towed the rest allowing him to live. The songs of this "Out of time" are: RADIO SONG LOSING MY RELIGION LOW NEAR WILD HEAVEN ENDGAME SHINY HAPPY PEOPLE BELONG HALF A WORD AWAY TEXARKANA COUNTRY FEEDBACK ME IN HONEY for a period of 44 minutes The best tracks, "Losing my religion" which is another planet, "Near wild heaven", "Shiny happy people" that begins in waltz time "Belong" and "Texarkana" that looks like a piece of U2. Also "Me in honey" is not bad and closes with a flourish this album important for R.E.M., and then be evaluated carefully. My judgement is positive and the vote is but if I think about 7.5 whole career of R.E.M. I cannot find anything that arrives at the levels of this "Out of time", perhaps "Automatic for the people" approach but not exceed it. Conclusion: The R.E.M. In THEIR BEST TIME 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento